Rovio, maker of the incredible phenomenon that is Angry Birds, is mulling the obligatory next step in tech firm domination: an IPO. Having previously hinted at a New York debut in the next two to three years, marketing chief Peter Vesterbacka is now suggesting that Hong Kong could be the market to host Rovio's coming-out party …
the kids have it
at my son's eighth birthday party every single one of the 25 children had played it (i asked then around the table), it's popularity appears to be waning with moshi monsters gaining, but an IPO in Hong Kong is great as I believe that they have to be profitable as opposed to groupon.
One trick pony
that is all
@Cliff / One trick pony
Don't bank on it. Watch out for something Amazing.
Hong Kong - home of Angry Birds Merch mania
That seems very appropriate, certainly there's enough Angry Birds merch being flogged in the streets of Hong Kong, as I saw recently.
I'm sure that it is all as legitimate as the Angry Birds gameplay is deep and the Rovio guys will be right at home.
Mine's the one with the Gucci label on backwards and the red bird soft toy in the top pocket.
It's popularity among children may be waning, but when you're stuck in a train and there's no cell signal to do some light browsing...
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth