Is fondleslab fever fading? They might be if you're IDC, a market watcher, which had to admit that its forecast for Q3 2011 tablet shipments was almost six per cent off mark. IDC had predicted world tablet shipments of 19.2m units for Q3, but the total actually came to 18.1m units. Still, it said, strong demand in Q4 will take …
What planet does the IDC live on?
With large parts of the world's economy flatlining for many people buying a tablet or any IT kit for that matter is not that important. Feeding the family, keeping the home warm and keeping a job are far more important than buying a fondleslab.
for Apple to shift more than 10 million in Q4 is (no matter how much you hate Apple) pretty good going given the state of many people's finances.
Anon coz my job has just been marked as 'at risk' in the next wave of redundancies.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS