Say hello to Flash Gordon; the world's first flash-powered supercomputer will come online in the San Diego Supercomputer Centre in January. It's being built by Appro International using Intel 710 flash drives and cost a bargain basement (this is supercomputing budget land) $20 million for 280+ teraflops, 36 million IOPS, and …
Dear HPC nerds
On powering up, please, please someone say "Gordon's Aliiiive!"
I do hope some says that when they switch it on.
Once they turn on McAffee Internet Protection Suite FG Edition it should slow down to a manageable speed.
I think it has been renamed to McCrap
Flash, I love you...
....but we only have 14 hours to complete this calculation.
(mines the one with the keys to the rocket sled in the pocket)
Flash! Flash! I love you, but we only have eighteen hours to TRIM the drives!
14, not 18.
Just grab the relevant sample off Brian Blessed off the single then have one of the boxes play it at start up, might have to attach a speaker to it, I guess...
Monarch of Mongo, Ming the Merciless
will have something to say about this Flash powered super computer:
Ming: "Take it to the Disintegrating Room."
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp