Say hello to Flash Gordon; the world's first flash-powered supercomputer will come online in the San Diego Supercomputer Centre in January. It's being built by Appro International using Intel 710 flash drives and cost a bargain basement (this is supercomputing budget land) $20 million for 280+ teraflops, 36 million IOPS, and …
Dear HPC nerds
On powering up, please, please someone say "Gordon's Aliiiive!"
I do hope some says that when they switch it on.
Once they turn on McAffee Internet Protection Suite FG Edition it should slow down to a manageable speed.
I think it has been renamed to McCrap
Flash, I love you...
....but we only have 14 hours to complete this calculation.
(mines the one with the keys to the rocket sled in the pocket)
Flash! Flash! I love you, but we only have eighteen hours to TRIM the drives!
14, not 18.
Just grab the relevant sample off Brian Blessed off the single then have one of the boxes play it at start up, might have to attach a speaker to it, I guess...
Monarch of Mongo, Ming the Merciless
will have something to say about this Flash powered super computer:
Ming: "Take it to the Disintegrating Room."
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack