back to article Foo Fighters gig goes seismic

In a scene that could have been written by Douglas Adams, a Foo Fighters gig in Auckland in quake-prone New Zealand has shown up on seismic monitoring stations. New Zealand’s geological hazard monitoring system GeoNet described the signal from the band (and its 50,000-strong audience) as similar to volcanic rumblings. GeoNet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

That's brilliant. Deep Purple eat you heart out.

Silver badge
Go

Waaaaaah!

Human-driven tectonic change!

Silver badge
Pirate

Filthy Pirates

“The concert vibrations were recorded as a semi continuous harmonic signal with a peak osculation of 3 Hz,”

They can expect a visit from thier local MAFIA representative any time now I'm sure.

Silver badge
Happy

Let's have a Big Hand for Disaster Area!

Go Hotblack!

Silver badge
WTF?

Umm

I thought Hot Black was spending a year dead for tax reasons?

bnt

Gizza Kiss?

" a peak osculation of 3 Hz"? I dunno, I've never thought of the Foo Fighters as the kind of band to take a date to, honestly ... ;-)

Anonymous Coward

Drat!

You beat me to that one.

Anonymous Coward

Stamina?

3Hz for 160mins is 28800 cycles.

Megaphone

Yay!

Rock and, moreover, roll!

Anonymous Coward

Mosh pit?

No such thing goes on at a foo fighters gig; you seem to have confused them with metal.

Mushroom

Bassquake

I took part in an event a few years ago that created a seismic event with car stereo systems - we created movement in the ground equivalent to a 5 on the Richter scale

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-7000/largest-seismic-earthquake-caused-by-car-stereos/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums