In a scene that could have been written by Douglas Adams, a Foo Fighters gig in Auckland in quake-prone New Zealand has shown up on seismic monitoring stations. New Zealand’s geological hazard monitoring system GeoNet described the signal from the band (and its 50,000-strong audience) as similar to volcanic rumblings. GeoNet …
That's brilliant. Deep Purple eat you heart out.
Human-driven tectonic change!
“The concert vibrations were recorded as a semi continuous harmonic signal with a peak osculation of 3 Hz,”
They can expect a visit from thier local MAFIA representative any time now I'm sure.
Let's have a Big Hand for Disaster Area!
I thought Hot Black was spending a year dead for tax reasons?
" a peak osculation of 3 Hz"? I dunno, I've never thought of the Foo Fighters as the kind of band to take a date to, honestly ... ;-)
You beat me to that one.
3Hz for 160mins is 28800 cycles.
Rock and, moreover, roll!
No such thing goes on at a foo fighters gig; you seem to have confused them with metal.
I took part in an event a few years ago that created a seismic event with car stereo systems - we created movement in the ground equivalent to a 5 on the Richter scale
- SMASH the Bash bug! Red Hat, Apple scramble for patch batches
- A BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- CoTW Emma Watson should SHUT UP, all this abuse is HER OWN FAULT
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER