back to article Acer TravelMate Timeline X TM8481T 14in Core i5 notebook

As the name might suggest, Acer’s TravelMate family of notebooks are aimed at the mobile users, with an eye on business bods after something a little more stylish than the standard issue grey slab. A new addition to the range is the Timeline X TM8481T with just a couple of variants at present. Acer TravelMate Timeline X …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

Battery

Why bother making the device so slim, with that tumorous protrusion to stymie any chance of actually fitting it into an accordingly narrow space? Is the implication that there is in fact a smaller lower-capacity battery available that fits within the bounds of the chassis, for when portability trumps longevity?

2. Robert E A Harvey
    Thumb Down

Yet another nasty screen!

More than one pound per vertical pixel?

It's very clever to get an extra 1" onto the lid, but still with lower resolution than I was using in 2004?

3. LarsG

EVERY OTHER WEEK.....

someone brings out a new laptop.

It seems to be a scatter gun approach by manufacturers, including phone makers.

Produce anything with anything they've got and hope they sell, if not produce something new and start again.

1. Robert E A Harvey

Yes, another mee-too clone with nothing unique about it

4. John Robson Silver badge
    FAIL

Why cripple it

with a spinning disk - what would the battery be like with an SSD in there?

That would be in "all day" territory, and make up for the "lacklustre" performance (when did a Core i5 become slow?)

1. Robert E A Harvey

when did a Core i5 become slow?

When they put windoze on it?

1. Bronek Kozicki

no, it happend when they

... put few dozens of crapware programs on top of Windows.

One laptop I would consider buying would have to be free of crap and come with great LCD (IPS or similar). SSD and memory I can put myself, since markups commanded by vendors for these small user-replaceable bits are ridiculous anyway.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

why sir

surely you descibe a macbook pro or air?

2. Jamie Kitson

ASAIK SSDs aren't much better on power in the real world.

5. Jamie Kitson

How much?

You could get a Thinkpad X220 for that much. I know it would have a smaller a screen, but a better quality one, at the same res :P

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Love the laptop, and the thin bezel, but anything less than 1440x900 is a dealbreaker. 1680x1050 would be even better. 16x10 aspect ratio!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like