Microsoft released 13 security bulletins addressing 19 vulnerabilities overnight, as part of a bumper final Patch Tuesday of the year. Highlight of the baker's dozen is a patch for the the zero-day vulnerability exploited by Duqu (sibling of Stuxnet) worm back in October. Fixing the underlying flaw exploited by Duqu involves the …
See, this is what winds up us FOSS weenies
"Fixing the underlying flaw exploited by Duqu involves the resolution of a problem in how Windows kernel mode driver handles TrueType font files."
WTF is the Windows KERNEL (!) doing handling fonts? This is the result of their 10 year 'security initiative', the kernel is still doing fucking brain dead things like handling fonts. Give me a break.
"Microsoft released 13 security bulletins addressing 19 vulnerabilities overnight"
Ah, Microsoft. Legends for having security holes (and taking forever to find and patch them all!)
I feel bad for you, son
Jay-Z is rarely worth quoting, but I think Microsoft should make an exception here: "We fixed 99 problems, but the BEAST ain't one."
...updating my machines from dawn to dusk. Not that I'm complaining....
4 PDF parsing bugs? Sigh.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- Vid MIT boffins cry havoc and let slip the ROBOT CHEETAHS of Whoa