I've just been to see the Guillermo del Toro produced cinematic update of Don’t be Afraid of the Dark and it was all shades of Pan's Labyrinth, dark basements and flesh-eating homunculi. The Dark Meadow steals this striking vision and mélanges together mechanisms of FPS combat, role-playing and exploration. The Dark Meadow iOS …
Reminds me a little of The Void on PC - surreal first person adventure with lots of cryptic stuff going on.
Also, can we *please* see some decent Android games being reviewed in iGamer, although I appreciate the very name makes this request unlikely to be fulfilled.
Closet Def Leppard Fan?
That caption under the cross bow pic.
And did those tentacles remind anyone else of Half Life?
Sorry, but that's got to be one of the worst written reviews I've ever read - and so many uses of the word 'I'.
With, "It’s the attention to plot and narrative that drives Dark Meadow and places it above other games of this genre," qualification would be good. What other games? How many? The vast majority, all or just a few? Are we talking about only iOS titles?
Either this piece was terribly sub-edited or the original article was even more shockingly awful.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS