Feeds

back to article Asus Tegra 3, Android 4 tablet priced up for Brits

Online retailer Clove has priced up the eagerly anticipated Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime - a tablet will not only serve up a slice of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich but also Nvidia's five-core Tegra 3 chip. Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Clove wants £551 for the 10in tablet, which incorporates 64GB of solid-state storage, 2 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

32MB storage or a keyboard?

No question - keyboard all the way.

I mean, just how much storage does a tablet PC need?

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Indeed

Particularly when it has onboard slots for SD and microSD cards, bringing it up to a potential 160GB of storage.

Anonymous Coward

Priced up for Brits?

Wonder how it's priced for everybody else. £551 sound an awful lot.

Happy my £140 Advent Vega (running the excellent Vegacomb) seems to do everything my friends' more expensive fondleslabs do.

FAIL

So £200 more just for a slightly faster version???

Someone in marketing has no idea, do they...

Facepalm

It's a good bit faster 9check Anandtech/Toms hardware etc.). And thinner, and the screen is lovely. I've only seen one bad review (and that was from a Apple site!)

All the pre-orders statewide sold out so Asus must be on to something....

Thumb Down

Rip off Britain

Why does Britain have to pay £551 for the 32GB version + keyboard when in the states they pay around £400 ($499 + $149). Britain getting ripped off again, I think I'll get a colleague to bring one back from US when they next go.

Anonymous Coward

Translation costs for the European market. And it costs more to do business here. Plus there's VAT to consider in that price...

Silver badge
Headmaster

RE:"Rip off Britain"

"Why does Britain have to pay £551 for the 32GB version + keyboard when in the states they pay around £400 ($499 + $149). "

If you take a look at that, about two thirds of it is British VAT with the "rip-off" being about fifty quid or so. I do not defend *that* mark-up but it is not quite so bad as its seems.

Wow that's quite a beast of a machine. I like that the keyboard is an exact copy of the current macbook models.

Anonymous Coward

Will it really cost that much?

Close/Expansys always get product earlier than others (e.g. Amazon) and it's always priced a fair bit higher than it ends up costing from online retailers such as Amazon.

How much

Will the new ipad cost then?

Thats always been a good yardstick to compare other tablets against (as in don't go near this price, people won't pay it)

I won't be shelling out £551 for a tablet, I won't consider paying over £300 for an android tablet, regardless of how good the spec is.

Anonymous Coward

My money's on the new models being the same price as the iPad 2.

The bigger question will be if they keep the iPad 2 model going at a cheaper price point, or just sell off the existing stock.

(my guess - if the new model has a higher res screen then the 2 isn't going anywhere)

Whatever happens it'll be a PITA for Samsung, Sony, Moto etc etc...

Overpriced...?

I think that's a "it's not out yet, so we'll make some money on pre-orders" price. Won't surprise me if it drops to around £500 once Amazon et al get hold of it (32GB with keyboard).

Rumours are that the iPad 3 will be out a couple of months later, though...hmmm...decisions, decision...

WTF?

No 3g?

They promised a 3g version of the previous device!

FAIL

Clove website doesn't inspire confidence

I mean, not only have they written shite ASP.Net code, they've not even configured IIS to hide the errors from users. No way are *they* getting my credit card details, even if I had £550 to blow on a fondleslab!

"[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input]

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(String input) +7043206

touch.touchAPI.mobileRedirect() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.clove.co.uk\touchAPI.aspx.vb:86

ASP.viewproduct_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.clove.co.uk\viewproduct.aspx:23

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428"

This topic is closed for new posts.