A remote-control robot submarine lost by university researchers has washed up on a beach on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. The Sydney University researchers were more than a little upset at losing track of the vehicle, which they were using for kelp and coral mapping on the sea floor east of Moreton Island. They were devastated: …
"the unit...is worth a handy half-a-million dollars"
Ouch... could have been a Sirius loss for them.
The locals probably thought it was just a stray banana.
Well it is autonomous. Maybe it wanted a vacation?
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review