Microsoft and HP have signed a deal to offer joint cloud hardware and software configurations for sale over the next four years. Under the terms of the deal the slightly dynamic duo will offer three types of setup to resellers and direct sales: Private, hybrid and public. The first tranche of packages will go on sale in the US, …
Have you read about Faust? He made this deal too, and it didn't end well for him. I remember a story about some other company, what was it... Sendo! That's it. Yeah, they cried too. And then there's Nokia, to fill out the lifecycle of pain.
If you dance with the devil you will pay his fee.
"the slightly dynamic duo" I love English humour :-)
I seen this and envisioned...
two people jump from a plane and only one chute with them. Then they fall through the air in a death spiral fighting over the chute. Shouldn't they part ways and each partner with a company smart enough to bring an extra chute?
VMware will be pissed...
It's probably the right decision not to use vmware. This is all MS software (exchange, lync etc) and HP will want full MS support. Cloud services are not an easy or commodity thing to provide, so support is more important than features or efficiency. When your service is down, you don't want two companies pointing the finger at each other.
This is just an MS deal. There are non-MS cloud services which HP offers.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search