The first impression of this leaked text is that this version of the Regulation is more prescriptive than Directive 95/46/EC and will get up most data controllers and governmental noses. I think the text makes far too many fundamental changes than can be reasonably done via a "Regulation" (which has three times as many Articles …
"I cannot see the UK accepting this – and to be honest, I doubt whether it will make progress in its current form!! "
Pro Tip: Stupid punctuational devices and habits are for commenters' use only; and not writers.
Great job on the summary, no way I was reading the leak in its full form
Does this or any other toothless law give me the right when making an e-payment, say paying for something with my credit card, to not have that data used for anything else but the facilitation of that single purchase.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs