Upstart data-warehousing appliance maker Greenplum said on Wednesday that it is getting set to mash up its data-warehousing software with its OEMed distribution of the Hadoop big data muncher to create a single über data platform that it is logically calling the Unified Analytics platform. But what the company did not announce …
"How ironic would it be to have Hadoop, named after a stuffed elephant, running on a server called Avion? You could call the solution Dumbo and peddle it to upper management..."
Someone has to do this. The C levels would never notice.
it would be funny until...
Lawyers from Disney sue you for TM Infringement.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs