Upstart data-warehousing appliance maker Greenplum said on Wednesday that it is getting set to mash up its data-warehousing software with its OEMed distribution of the Hadoop big data muncher to create a single über data platform that it is logically calling the Unified Analytics platform. But what the company did not announce …
"How ironic would it be to have Hadoop, named after a stuffed elephant, running on a server called Avion? You could call the solution Dumbo and peddle it to upper management..."
Someone has to do this. The C levels would never notice.
it would be funny until...
Lawyers from Disney sue you for TM Infringement.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search