Gadget enthusiasts have produced a detailed guide on how to jailbreak BlackBerry PlayBook tablets. A video showing the rooting of the RIM-manufactured device was published last week by the same group, without an explanation of how they did it. The new guide explains that the technique, which involves using a custom hacking tool …
Lately on sale for Cdn$199
All in the users best interest...
"RIM will develop, test, and release a software update that is designed to minimize the potential adverse impact to our customers"
Corrected for truth:
RIM will develop, test, and release a software update that is designed to minimize the potential loss of revenue from our customers.
Still too expensive
HP Touchpads had to be priced at least 30% cheaper to shift.
But my goodness, it's a milestone that the Playbook could become useful!!
What should they do?
They should either release an OS upgrade that makes the thing worth buying or let people jailbreak them in the hope of selling a few so people can put a decent OS on it.
Will they do either? Not a chance
Well done @cmwdotme - Cat and mouse begins.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging