Gadget enthusiasts have produced a detailed guide on how to jailbreak BlackBerry PlayBook tablets. A video showing the rooting of the RIM-manufactured device was published last week by the same group, without an explanation of how they did it. The new guide explains that the technique, which involves using a custom hacking tool …
Lately on sale for Cdn$199
All in the users best interest...
"RIM will develop, test, and release a software update that is designed to minimize the potential adverse impact to our customers"
Corrected for truth:
RIM will develop, test, and release a software update that is designed to minimize the potential loss of revenue from our customers.
Still too expensive
HP Touchpads had to be priced at least 30% cheaper to shift.
But my goodness, it's a milestone that the Playbook could become useful!!
What should they do?
They should either release an OS upgrade that makes the thing worth buying or let people jailbreak them in the hope of selling a few so people can put a decent OS on it.
Will they do either? Not a chance
Well done @cmwdotme - Cat and mouse begins.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…