Motorola Solutions will deploy Australia’s largest integrated digital radio network as part of a state-wide emergency services network for Western Australian government. The five-year, $AU40 million contract is part of a three part project tender that was issued by the Western Australian Government earlier this year. …
Just like the network NSW has had since 1994. On the cutting edge, WA.
Hopefully they have actually read the contract and it doesn't turn into another Airwave fiasco where UK police forces tell their officers not to use the radio because it costs more than sending texts by mobile.
Police, FESA and DCS get new radios. Great.
So the DEC still have to send smoke signals?
Tangent: "Oversight" has two meanings.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene