Motorola Solutions will deploy Australia’s largest integrated digital radio network as part of a state-wide emergency services network for Western Australian government. The five-year, $AU40 million contract is part of a three part project tender that was issued by the Western Australian Government earlier this year. …
Just like the network NSW has had since 1994. On the cutting edge, WA.
Hopefully they have actually read the contract and it doesn't turn into another Airwave fiasco where UK police forces tell their officers not to use the radio because it costs more than sending texts by mobile.
Police, FESA and DCS get new radios. Great.
So the DEC still have to send smoke signals?
Tangent: "Oversight" has two meanings.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs