Motorola Solutions will deploy Australia’s largest integrated digital radio network as part of a state-wide emergency services network for Western Australian government. The five-year, $AU40 million contract is part of a three part project tender that was issued by the Western Australian Government earlier this year. …
Just like the network NSW has had since 1994. On the cutting edge, WA.
Hopefully they have actually read the contract and it doesn't turn into another Airwave fiasco where UK police forces tell their officers not to use the radio because it costs more than sending texts by mobile.
Police, FESA and DCS get new radios. Great.
So the DEC still have to send smoke signals?
Tangent: "Oversight" has two meanings.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked