Motorola Solutions will deploy Australia’s largest integrated digital radio network as part of a state-wide emergency services network for Western Australian government. The five-year, $AU40 million contract is part of a three part project tender that was issued by the Western Australian Government earlier this year. …
Just like the network NSW has had since 1994. On the cutting edge, WA.
Hopefully they have actually read the contract and it doesn't turn into another Airwave fiasco where UK police forces tell their officers not to use the radio because it costs more than sending texts by mobile.
Police, FESA and DCS get new radios. Great.
So the DEC still have to send smoke signals?
Tangent: "Oversight" has two meanings.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'