Motorola Solutions will deploy Australia’s largest integrated digital radio network as part of a state-wide emergency services network for Western Australian government. The five-year, $AU40 million contract is part of a three part project tender that was issued by the Western Australian Government earlier this year. …
Just like the network NSW has had since 1994. On the cutting edge, WA.
Hopefully they have actually read the contract and it doesn't turn into another Airwave fiasco where UK police forces tell their officers not to use the radio because it costs more than sending texts by mobile.
Police, FESA and DCS get new radios. Great.
So the DEC still have to send smoke signals?
Tangent: "Oversight" has two meanings.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Researcher sat on critical IE bugs for THREE YEARS