There are a slew of companies that want to be the Red Hat for open source Hadoop data chewing, making money by beefing it up and selling support for the collection of programs. MapR Technologies, which came out of stealth mode in May, has some proprietary extensions to Hadoop, but all of the goodies being added with MapR …
Great insight Tim. I heard MapR is doing quite a bit in the Hadoop space. One Hadoop alternative worth mentioning is HPCC Systems – a mature platform with its main differentiator being the powerful ECL language programming model. ECL is the native language behind the Thor and Roxie components which provide for data transformation “chewing” and linking with real-time delivery of data queries. An advantage over Hadoop as it requires less nodes and fewer programmers. View more at http://hpccsystems.com
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire