David Noel Cecil, who earlier this year was arrested on accusations that he had hacked into computers operated by Platform Networks, has pleaded guilty to two counts of causing unauthorized modification of data. Cecil, who launched the attack under the moniker “Evil”, entered the plea via his solicitor Peter Ringbauer, according …
The only good hacker is dead
Time to dismiss Evil for Good.
What an idiot. If he had used a moniker less emotive, eg. 'Curious', he probably wouldn't have given the media such a headline and the resultant political pressure applied by the population to the politicians (and thereby to the police), wouldn't have been so acute.
Besides, 'Evil' is lame. He could have used something like 'AllahIsGreat' or 'JihadJihad' or 'Ayatollah' to really give the media an opportunity to whip us some out-of-proportion public hysteria.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Red Hat, Apple scramble for patch batches
- A BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- CoTW Emma Watson should SHUT UP, all this abuse is HER OWN FAULT
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER