David Noel Cecil, who earlier this year was arrested on accusations that he had hacked into computers operated by Platform Networks, has pleaded guilty to two counts of causing unauthorized modification of data. Cecil, who launched the attack under the moniker “Evil”, entered the plea via his solicitor Peter Ringbauer, according …
The only good hacker is dead
Time to dismiss Evil for Good.
What an idiot. If he had used a moniker less emotive, eg. 'Curious', he probably wouldn't have given the media such a headline and the resultant political pressure applied by the population to the politicians (and thereby to the police), wouldn't have been so acute.
Besides, 'Evil' is lame. He could have used something like 'AllahIsGreat' or 'JihadJihad' or 'Ayatollah' to really give the media an opportunity to whip us some out-of-proportion public hysteria.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)