IBM has prototyped a software architecture for the huge data demands of astronomy projects such as the SKA (square kilometer array). One of the many problems created by a project as large as the SKA is that wherever it’s built – we’ll know next year if the South Africa bid or the Australia / New Zealand bid wins – it’s going to …
Sounds like a job
Wielded by Ethan Hunt of course.
For some context...
According to Cisco, the entire Internet carried an average of 21 Exabytes of traffic per month in 2010. [source: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2361820,00.asp ]
One Exabyte a day is pretty heavy going. That's nearly the amount of traffic that iTunes updates will account for by 2015.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email