The German government, the largest shareholder in Deutsche Telekom, is not sharing the telco's optimism that the deal to merge its US mobile operations – T-Mobile USA – with AT&T will go through. Officials have told (paywall) the Financial Times that Berlin is increasingly worried that the deal will go down the tubes because of …
"They added that Deutsche Telekom hadn't been given a full picture of the regulatory risks of the merger early enough in the process."
Wait you mean they did not do an independent review of the regulations and laws before hand ? That they were not aware how ATT was broken up do to anti trust laws ? Wow can I go over to Germany and I was not aware of how they do things there ?
Deutsche Telekom hadn't been given a full picture of the regulatory risks
Bollocks - the breakup fee would not have been so large had they been sure that it would have been successful
If someone agreed to give me that much money even if i didn't end up selling to them, i'd be pretty confident in thinking they were expecting the sale to go through.
Why the thumbs down ?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low