NoSQL data store CouchDB has become Hadoop’s latest convert with delivery of a connector tying together the two big-data architectures. CouchDB user Couchbase has announced a certified Couchbase Hadoop Connector, developed with Hadoop shop Cloudera. The connector potentially simplifies movement of data between the Couchbase …
For a true scalability you need to return to basics
NoSQL software still does not have a truly scalable high performance code base. A lot of Java, Erlang etc., but for both scalability and speed you need to use C/C++ platform. It is a major software engineering effort required to develop a stable, fast and scalable database platform in C. Building a Lego house where bricks are manufactured by different vendors seldom works.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015