NoSQL data store CouchDB has become Hadoop’s latest convert with delivery of a connector tying together the two big-data architectures. CouchDB user Couchbase has announced a certified Couchbase Hadoop Connector, developed with Hadoop shop Cloudera. The connector potentially simplifies movement of data between the Couchbase …
For a true scalability you need to return to basics
NoSQL software still does not have a truly scalable high performance code base. A lot of Java, Erlang etc., but for both scalability and speed you need to use C/C++ platform. It is a major software engineering effort required to develop a stable, fast and scalable database platform in C. Building a Lego house where bricks are manufactured by different vendors seldom works.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked