China's Alibaba Group is mulling over a total slurp of Yahoo! for about $25bn, along with private equity partners and Japanese mobile carrier Softbank. Those chatty sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that the group – which would also include Bain Capital and Blackstone Group – had not finalised its bid yet. Jack Ma, …
if yahoo gets sold
I expect the name will remain (that's part of what they're buying, after all) but I hope I can rely on ElReg to! keep! with! the! exclamation! marks! thing?
If it's funny once, it's got to be funny a couple thousand times.
And let's face it, it wasn't funny the first time.
Someone with Bigger pockets than MS?
Sometimes even she knows when the prices is a 'rip-off' and I don't mean clothes.
What I know about Chinese hosts
If the deal goes through, Yahoo will be full of poorly-spelled malware.
Is this the 90's again?
Dunno, I had to google it to find out.
Yahoo = ?
What exactly would they get buying Yahoo? 10 million email addreses, Flickr and a search engine nobody uses?
Seriously, I am interested to know what exactly they get for $25bn.
Ali Baba and the forty thieves?
Who was the genius in China who came up with that name?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging