Spotify is expected to reveal an app store and developer APIs at an event later today. The APIs would allow music magazines, fan sites and other services to plug into Spotify's music engine. The Wall Street Journal suggests that most of these will be desktop apps, and will be available to free users of the ad-supported service, …
pity they will loose lots of money with this move. only bring the inevitable faster onto themselves. they a r e indeed a comodity and they are now trying to compete with established music companies. maybe, if they're lucky, some lazy music company will buy them.
Maybe I will finally be able to use it via Winamp.
And to the previous poster...spelling FAIL. It's "lose", And I doubt it.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!