WordPress is in a tie-up with Federated Media to try and offer it users something better than what it calls Google’s ‘sad’ AdSense. Its new WordAds program is now open for registrations, with advertisements provided by Federated Media. However, the new program isn’t a free-for-all: it’s only open to “publicly visible” blogs …
Wordpress won't touch it's own inventory.
"“it seemed like Google’s AdSense was the state-of-the-art, which was sad. You put a lot of time and effort into your blog, and you deserve better than AdSense,” he writes."
If you have a garbage wordpress hosted blog I guarantee you don't put time and effort into building a brand. Your inventory is the scum of the internet, that's why advertisers pay 0.001c per impression. And that is why Federated Media and WordAds also doesn't want your custom.
@ChrisInAStrangeLand - My Wordpress blog is much better looking than all those manky old blogspot or blogger blogs; which in my opinion only serve to make the internet look untidy.
Thanks guys! Here I was wondering "What is WordPress?" about 30 minutes ago when I stalled trying to read any page in one of my national newspapers (National Post - Canada). Thanks to Firefox I could see they were waiting to connect to WordPress. So, thanks to No-Script, I disabled WordPress and carried on quite merrily, and quickly. Yes, I was polite enough to send them a message.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple