HP has announced the first offspring of its mammoth $10.24bn (£6.6bn) union with British software firm Autonomy. The progeny, Autonomy IDOL 10, is a platform that pulls data from various sources including phone calls, email, social media and the web together with a company's data – such as customer logs – so it can be processed …
Another Business in a Different Kitchen?
Just askin' ... Prolly just another fiction romance ...
I wish they'd spent that $10bn on webOS :-(
hell 1 bil would be nice!
If they had just spent 1 billion (half on software and half on hardware dev) Pre 4 and Touchpad 2 would have humiliated and knocked the pants off ANYTHING the market has to offer.
Well OK galaxy pad and transformer are both pretty cool in their own right, so maybe would have not have humiliated these two, but still would be a better product.
Hell 1 billion in R&D, and another Billion to subsidize low cost touchpads and they would own a good portion of the future market. Once you go WebOS nothing else compares, and they would have had a great customer base for life.
Nice Product, terrible suite
IDOL is a nice product, it could do with a bit of a decent gui but nice, as for integration with the products that Autonomy have bought along the way, what integration? The products aren't bad but the integration and support of such is just awful.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers