Peddlers and pushers of server tin had a tough time in the third quarter of this year, according to statistics from Gartner, with shipments rising only 7.2 per cent to 2.37 million units and revenues rising only 5.2 per cent to just under $13bn. That said, the quarter was without a doubt one of the best third quarters in recent …
Power Systems is better than I thought
I didn't realize Power systems was twice as big as HP and Sun. When you sift thru all the FUD from vendors the best indicator of success is where are customers spending their hard earned money. (especially in tough economic times) I never gave a lot of value to the shipment numbers since we want less servers that do more. It would be cool to see the numbers for "virtual servers shipped".
Power +27% $1.21B
Oracle -11.6% $550M
HP -18.5% $540M
Fuj -35.8% $65.1M
Next quarter should be rough for HP given it's their fiscal 1Q and the recent announce to replace Itanium with Xeon but not port HP-UX.
Burrr it's cold to be back.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun