back to article iOS 5.1 name-checks next-gen iPad, iPhone

Apple released iOS 5.1 to app developers yesterday, and already coders are poring over the update in search of references to future products. Guess what: they found some. XML files buried within the release point to the next generation of iPhone and iPad, mentioned as, respectively, iPhone5,1 and iPad3,2. The iPhone 4S is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Wow iPhone 4s obsolete already?

Surely record time....

Perhaps users are disgruntled because nobody can tell they have upgraded, because it looks the same as the iPhone4...

You know how those "creative" types (baristas) are...

1. ThomH

If the test for obsolescence is that a newer product is in development...

... then every single electronics product on the planet has been obsolete at the time of launch, including the iPhone 4S, all future iPhones and all other phones.

2. Doogie1
      Joke

Just think how annoyed Samsung will be. They'd not even finished copying it.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Perhaps? They already are

Bunch of creatives I know are all cheesed off that the cover doesn't say "iPhone 4S" on it. Then again, the 3GS didn't say that either.

So frankly, I couldn't see what the fuss was about.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

"Guess what: they found some."

No kidding. I'm presuming that Apple are very aware that they can embed obvious non-information in their devices. When found, this information will result in a load of free marketing because for reasons I can't grasp "Apple plan to sell more iPhones and iPads!" is news.

1. Armando 123
      Coat

As stated in the great documentary "Yes Prime Minister"

"Are you suggesting I leak highly sensitive information to the press?!"

"Heavens, no! This is highly sensitive DISinformation."

"Ah. That's different."

2. Brian 6
      Stop

@Cam2A

"When found, this information will result in a load of free marketing" what percentage of Iphone buyers do u think read geeky tech sites like this one. I'll give u a clue. Its less than 0.001%

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Barry SHITpeas" is that a real name...? ;)

Anyway mocking the iPhone 5 - it's got to be about the worst secret in the world that there will be an iPhone 5. Guess there may be a Samsung Galaxy 3 as well?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

podcast serving digital video recorder?

these days i'm downloading video podcasts and watch them on the run on my ipad. i am looking for a digital video recorder that can transfer recorded shows to usb or sd card. Ideally it would have a little video podcast server on it to be able to download them straight to my ipad from it. anyone knows anything about something like this?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Well this will really stick it to all those people saying apple would call it quits after the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4s! Still, I reckon they'll stop after the next ones.

6. Mondo the Magnificent
    Meh

I love..

..speculation it makes me yearn for things that don't yet exist..

7. Ammaross Danan
    Coat

"J33 is something altogether new: Apple's own-brand television""

If the J33 is an Apple-branded TV, it's likely a 33" only because "you don't need any other size." (like the iPad's set size).

Of course, I don't partake the fruit of a company that tries to dictate how I use my device(s). (Yes, there are more than just Apple, but they're quite famous for draconian control)

8. John A Blackley

Oh for Gawd's sake!

I know of no other industry on the planet that, when a report comes out about the possible activities of one of its largest companies, forums are swamped with what a rotten company it is and how foolish are the people who buy its products.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Record industry, tv & movie industry, book publishers and sports. Off the top of my head.

Also, as far as I can see this article has only one comment (At time of writing) that matches all of the points mentioned in your post.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Cars

You should try some Ford/Chevy forums...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How is this news?

In other shock news, scientists have discovered that Tuesday follows Monday.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like