Owners of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone awaiting the official fix for the handset's spontaneous volume reduction bug may want to avail themselves of an unofficial fix in the meantime. Courtesy of one of the founders of the MoDaCo forum, the release, which hasn't been sanctioned by either …
Needs new bootloader?
Sounds like it wont't be an over the air update then...
Not surprising since the bug appears even in the bootloader.
Not quite right. I believe that the fix is an updated radio, which is possible to be provided as an over the air update. The issue is that you need to unlock the bootloader if you want to install it via this unofficial channel.
Unlocking the bootloader is relatively trival on any Nexus phone. You simply download the Android SDK and type in the appropriate 'unlock' command in Fastboot.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2