The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) says mobile numbers could be exhausted by 2017, according to a discussion paper canvassing revisions to this country’s numbering plan. The last time the ACMA mapped out the future of telephone numbers, it expected the mobile pool to last until 2027, but Australia’s …
We need numbers that are much longer so the people half a world away are much less likely to reach a real person when they try to dial every number.
They need to stop issuing numbers to bloody mobile broadband devices - surely the networks can deal with internet only devices not using a phone number (or using a fake one).
Some people I've dealt with have up to 3 prepaid data only accounts that they don't even really use. And almost every non-IT person seems to think you need a mobile broadband stick just because you bought a new laptop!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER