LG has named the smartphones that will gain the in-demand Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS upgrade. Specifically, LG will make the new Google operating system available for its Optimus 2x, Optimus Black and Optimus 3D. They may not be the only ones. LG said on its Facebook page: "We are also continuing to evaluate the ICS OS …
LG stopped supporting the GT540 at 2.2, but CyanogenMod works brilliantly (2.3.4) and now ICS.
So i guess all that promise of the GB update won't be fulfilled...
Hopefully they will do some work on the radio as the Optimus 2X can hold a signal about as well as it can hold a party.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss