back to article First third-party app to get Siri support demo'd

Coders are beginning to take advantage of the Siri proxy server released last week to hijack Apple's voice assistant for other apps. First out the gate: FastPdfKit developer MobFarm. The MobFarm team have used software writer @plamoni's Siri Proxy code to allow Siri running on an iPhone 4S to enable their app to be voice …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alert

Shoud it stay or should it go

Apple must be in a dilema - should this reverse engineered code be pulled (as I am sure any other r.e code would be) or should they let it stay so that it can build the status of Siri up...

They will probably end up squashing itm and quietly absorbing it and bringing something similar out themseleves.

Silver badge

Some poor bastard in apple

Is frantically coding a block for this right now.

The only comfort is that he'll be so hopped up on Jolt cola and proplus that it take apple 4 attempts to get the block right.

Anonymous Coward

Why?

You still need an iPhone 4S, and this is essentially just using the voice recognition system, like dictation would.

Not sure why Apple would be concerned at all?

Anonymous Coward

POINTLESS!

Why dont you just turn the f king page, w nker!

Been here before

Last time it was 'no native apps' then came the SDK and well, things worked out quite well.

I expect Siri API's will be available before Apple brings it out of beta, it is the future after all, dontcha know. In the meantime, i expect apple will attempt to block this sort of thing.

Wake me when the Android version is released

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums