NoSQL contender CouchDB's been dropped by Ubuntu's ambitious cloud synchronisation service. The Linux distro said it has given up on the open-source CouchDB in Ubuntu One after three years trying and failing to make the document store scale to millions of users and databases. Canonical's John Rowland Lenton said here: "Our …
Out CouchDB in PotatoDB ?
It's you, it's not me
I've really tried to keep using Ubuntu but sadly, I have to throw in the towel and go back to Debian.
Canonical desire to be the Microsoft (jack of all trades, master of none) in the Linux world AND to start making a profit has IMHO led them to make some crazy decisions with recent releases.
Well there's your problem right there
They chose a NoSQL solution created by someone affiliated with Lotus Notes. Lotus Notes. Really? From one of the guys who gave us the only email/calendar system that makes users long for Outlook? Seriously?
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?