Ten out of ten ICT projects examined by the Victorian Ombudsman, George Brouwer, were flops. His report, tabled in the Victorian Parliament yesterday, was an “own motion” study instigated by the Ombudsman’s office (rather than in response to a complaint from the public). Each of the ten projects examined ran over budget, with …
Is this such a surprise?
They should have looked at the UK during the 12 years of Labour rule to see how easily every government IT project was mis-managed.
If you put idiots in charge to oversee the projects it is bound to fail.
I rest my case m'lord.
19th December 2005: "The Victorian Government has developed a new project management approach to software development called southernSCOPE. It can help your business avoid software budget blowouts which slow your business down."
It's a function-point approach which was going to save the world from bad IT project management. I'd like to hear what they have to say today.
I was hoping for a stern man in a stove-pipe hat and monocle examining the last government's projects and deciding that they all should be transported.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA