Durham constabulary is planning to use social media to enable people to follow what is happening in their immediate neighbourhood in real time. It is developing a new website along with web technology firm C2 Software that will provide a channel for people to view its activities through Twitter feeds from police on the beat, a …
You'll never tweet me alive, copper!
I am sure my elderly parents who have suffered 4 years of harassment and abuse from a neighbour while Durham police did nothing will be overjoyed by this.
So, no longer Trial by Tabloid...
... now it will be Trial By Twitter.
PC 456 tweets: Spoke to man after complaints of someone hanging around near childrens' playground.
Daily Mail reader nearby re-tweets this and says "I saw the Policeman talking to Fred Bloggs from down the road, he must be a kiddy fiddler"!
The fact that Mr Bloggs was waiting for his ex-wife to deliver their kid because they have joint custody and the PC accepted this explanation doesn't get out there and Mr Bloggs now has his reputation besmirched.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait