Back in my student days, I used to work late-night shifts on a taxi service called ComputaCab. It was really hi-tech for the time, with a control room full of computer screens and a bunch of scruffy kids answering the phone lines and booking the cabs. Ah, the good old days… Well, the students will have to look for other ways to …
I bet it doesn't work south of the river!
One Click Cab: http://www.taxi-app.co.uk/
UK wide database of minicab firms.
That just gives you a list of nearby phone numbers, it doesn't actually book the cab.
"You can’t book a cab in advance to pick you up from a specified address", see Kabbee for this feature
I shouldn't think the £5 minimum fare will provide much of a hurdle these days, it's virtually there when you close the door.
I think that's a fantastic idea! I particularly like the fact that you don't have to have your GPS on.
So, not quite as good as the TXXI app we've had here in Holland for a few years then?
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network