Back in my student days, I used to work late-night shifts on a taxi service called ComputaCab. It was really hi-tech for the time, with a control room full of computer screens and a bunch of scruffy kids answering the phone lines and booking the cabs. Ah, the good old days… Well, the students will have to look for other ways to …
I bet it doesn't work south of the river!
One Click Cab: http://www.taxi-app.co.uk/
UK wide database of minicab firms.
That just gives you a list of nearby phone numbers, it doesn't actually book the cab.
"You can’t book a cab in advance to pick you up from a specified address", see Kabbee for this feature
I shouldn't think the £5 minimum fare will provide much of a hurdle these days, it's virtually there when you close the door.
I think that's a fantastic idea! I particularly like the fact that you don't have to have your GPS on.
So, not quite as good as the TXXI app we've had here in Holland for a few years then?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL