HP was the top selling tablet vendor in the US - ignoring Apple, of course - through to the end of October, and it's all thanks to the TouchPad firesale. Market watcher NPD yesterday revealed that in the ten months from January to October inclusive, HP accounted for 17 per cent of non-iPad tablet retail sales, a percentage point …
RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook...
...has been on (fire)sale recently (starting price $500 -> $300 -> $200). I suspect that they've shifted hundreds of thousands of them, but that's just a guess.
It's a good little tablet for surfing the Interweb. Mostly an App-free zone, but that's supposed to change with the Android player coming some.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids