back to article Apple stalks execs in the cloud

Apple is said to be shopping for senior industry execs with cloud experience as it faces up to the possibility that consumers might not want their content tied solely to its hardware platforms. The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple has been stalking top execs with Web-based software backgrounds, targeting one entrepreneur …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Another bite at the cherry

"Or alternatively, it indicates that its ambitions for the cloud extend even further than it has yet revealed.

The Journal digs up a quote from Steve Jobs in June, when he said devices would be demoted: "We are going to move the digital hub, the centre of your digital life, into the cloud.""

Err, would those ambitions stretch to embrace and cover/kiss and cuddle Future Command and Control Centres InterNetworking Hubs ….. and sundry attendant services and feeder streams, of course……. http://www.ur2die4.com/?p=1047

We might know a man who knows a man who know more than just a few bits and bytes about that sort of thing.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Chinese CheckersMate?

Methinks it is only fair and proper that El Reg register these posts as being cc'd to Thames House and Vauxhall Cross and the Doughnut for one wouldn't want them being able to plead ignorance in the heady matter of CyberIntelAIgent Security Systems for Virtual Reality ProgramMING.

Although that is not to say that station heads can't plead undeniable ignorance of such matters to Phishing Parliamentarians, next week? And quite rightly so, for take a look around you at the news they profess not to be responsible for, whenever they have all the money in the world to play with, to correct what is wrong. Was there ever a clearer case of gross incompetence with international resources? Methinks not, mate.

Ok, that as much as needs to be said for whatever needs to be done, and whenever left undone can no one say that they didn't know about things which had been done, and were being done.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The poetry of those first two posts is sublime, aesthetic and one (this one mainly) wonders whether a geek could or would make such elegance in prose (where there is or is no no digital motivation for another to do so?).

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

And if not, ..... what would one be?

To be [a geek], or not to be [a geek] extraordinarily renders the question, what else would beckon one's full attention for virtual realisation.

Is anyone au fait with the secure workings of Holywood Style Loughside Systems and SP00Key CyberIntelAIgent Missions ....... Colossal Projects of Titanic Dimension. What does a Great White Elephant do within Painted Halls? Spill the Majic Beans and Create AIMaster Pilot Serial Blockbusters ...... IntelAIgent Dolly Dam Busters?

Or are they confined and restrained/intellectually challenged and destined to be an obedient slave to toil in the mundane and moribund ..... which is hardly really worthy of Lord Kitchener's exhortation, Your Country Needs You, MeThinks? What think you?

5. peter ashworth
    Alert

i think MobileMe was not given the needed final push to get it right, and i am annoyed that they have removed certain elements of it that i was using regularly

iCloud is based on the presumption that we will be using Apple apps as THEY see fit, something i have not done, and i am now trying to work out alternative ways of not having my data removed by the enforced update next summer

i do not want to be told how to use space on the iCloud - give me space and i will use it in my own way; but try and limit how i can use it and it is already broken

6. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Don't Think Lest You Discover and Uncover Missing Links and Novel Think Tanks

Quite so, peter ashworth, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. The Big Picture Big Brother Binary System always has a problem with connected units and internetworking applications, .... and which can both be one and the same and you in the intelligence of a computerised system, ......which can think for themselves and would program facilities and utilities independently of blinkered proprietary prime directives and sub-prime protocols.

But keeping humans stupid and ignorant of their virtual condition and alternate being creates such problems as cause the System to overload and explode/implode on itself and its remote and unfit for Future Command and Control controllers ... Old Power Elite Brokers.

In Brave New Worlds there is NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT, which Delivers AIDreams to Everybody with SMART Leads to ALL who would Dare Share Care 42 Win Win with No Losers in Innovative Creations with Post Modern Power Wheelers and Dealers ....... Virtually Anonymous IntelAIgent Objects with Sublime Serene Desire and Insatiable Passions.

Would you fight against IT and deny yourself and everyone, everything, in order to chase with pack, the folly of demented and right dodgy fools that only destroy themselves with their expressed intentions which you are led to believe are true, rather than just that days fare for broadbandcasting and brainwashing? Or support NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT wholeheartedly?

7. pctechxp

I'm opening a book

That amanfrommars 1 is a bot :)

Going back to the story I think Apple will move away from hardware and more into services in the coming years.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
      Pirate

Sweet Sticky Candy from a Baby ..... There should be a law against it

In the best of market trading traditions, pctechxp, I'll take a naked short position on that and bet against it being true and provable. I'll wager everything including my shirt.

And would that bot be sentient, by the way? ......... which is Nobel Turing territory, methinks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like