Amazon is ramping up its activity down under, confirming that it is investing in an Australian data centre via a job advertisement. Speculation has been mounting since July over Amazon’s level of commitment to the Australian market, following a visit from Amazon VP and CTO Werner Vogels in July during the Amazon Web Services …
Let's hope they don't follow the rest of Australian retail with rip-off pricing.
the data center is probably just to crunch the numbers on how much the Australian public are willing to bear. Just sample all the retail outlets and what not and compute a price just fractionally cheaper so they think they are getting a good deal... haha
Insight into Amazon (UK)
I had some friends who published their own book in the UK. It was only for sale on Amazon and their own website. The more copies Amazon sold, the more they dropped their price, even though their only competition was a small website selling at RRP.
Eventually the Amazon priced dropped so low the profit margin was practically zero.
I guess there is an automated algorithm based on sale volumes although I doubt that applies across the board, especially electronics.
Should be building it in NZ
Renewable energy, cooler climate, cheaper costs..
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE