Feeds

back to article YouTube-linked microwave shows vids as it nukes

Students have found a way to spice up microwave meals by attaching a tablet to their radiation-oven, playing YouTube videos while the food cooks. The µWave uses the Arduino open source prototyping platform to read the cook time, which it sends to a server over an Ethernet connection. The server searches for a YouTube clip of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Genius (as in Panasonic)

Thumb Down

I would prefer a live feed of my food rotating, I usually guestimate the cooking time and turn the oven off by hand a split second before the food would combust.

Is it bad that I really want to make loads of videos of food cooking in my microwave and upload them to youtube just to confuse these guys?

odd

i found myself picturing the front of the microwave housing an lcd touchscreen and the light for the turntable backlighting it.. not a slab stuck to the front and a bit of coding..

a bit half arsed really.

Paris Hilton

Disappointed by contents

I was hoping to find that someone had posted a stream from the cam of a device while it was getting microwaved.

Paris, just because.

Bronze badge

One obvious flaw

Usually I put things in the microwave for a round number of seconds, e.g. 6 minutes. Will I just keep getting the same six-minute video each time? Also often I'll just press 6 minutes but then stop it after 5, thereby depriving me of the ending.

Silver badge
Go

The obvious answer!

Shock internet vids that are exact-multiples-of-30-seconds long.

Anonymous Coward

Damn...

I was hoping they would put the tablet IN the microwave and that hilarity would ensue....

Silver badge
Joke

For the

fanbois whom are somewhat "hard of understanding".

The fondleslab goes INSIDE the microwave.

I see, so rather than will it blend, will it nuke?

This topic is closed for new posts.