Ahead of the SC11 supercomputer conference in Seattle last week, recently awakened supercomputing giant Fujitsu rolled out the kicker: a commercialized version of the K supercomputer that is at the top of the flops charts in the world right now. A whole lot of details on the Sparc64-IXfx processor and the PrimeHPC FX10 systems …
"The PrimeHPC blade server with Tofu interconnect chips on the left"
They're now building servers with tofu? Good to hear that us server-admins won't be starving anymore...
You'll still be hungry, unless...
Real server admin don't eat tofu. Users do.
"as a development machine"
Wait, what? Developing for the k machine carries an entry price of 64 cabinets for the base loadout times 50MJPY makes 3.2GJPY or about 27 million quid? Just to get started?
I didn't know their educational institutions were that flush with monies to shake around, especially not after that bit of shaking and flushing they had to deal with lately.
Is it TeraFLOPS or PetaFLOPS ??
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM