eBay has bought data-mining firm Hunch in a move to increase the effectiveness of personally targeted ads on the online auction house’s sales site. Hutch was set up in 2009 by Chris Dixon, Tom Pinckney, and Matt Gatti, and uses a mixture of data mining and predictive modeling to build individual “Taste Graphs” of personalized …
When will these muppets understand that for many our spending is not influenced by ads... its dictated by the availability of money
I really detest seeing ads that have been generated by my browsing - especially as i often look up stuff for others and the traffic they incorporate into my "personal ad feed" is actually of no personal relevance to me.
Hunch = Guess
Well it can't be worse than ebays current ad selection system - it seems to be determined to push the last half dozen things I bought.
Hint; I've already bought them. I'm only going to buy another if its a beer.
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more