eBay has bought data-mining firm Hunch in a move to increase the effectiveness of personally targeted ads on the online auction house’s sales site. Hutch was set up in 2009 by Chris Dixon, Tom Pinckney, and Matt Gatti, and uses a mixture of data mining and predictive modeling to build individual “Taste Graphs” of personalized …
When will these muppets understand that for many our spending is not influenced by ads... its dictated by the availability of money
I really detest seeing ads that have been generated by my browsing - especially as i often look up stuff for others and the traffic they incorporate into my "personal ad feed" is actually of no personal relevance to me.
Hunch = Guess
Well it can't be worse than ebays current ad selection system - it seems to be determined to push the last half dozen things I bought.
Hint; I've already bought them. I'm only going to buy another if its a beer.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...