eBay has bought data-mining firm Hunch in a move to increase the effectiveness of personally targeted ads on the online auction house’s sales site. Hutch was set up in 2009 by Chris Dixon, Tom Pinckney, and Matt Gatti, and uses a mixture of data mining and predictive modeling to build individual “Taste Graphs” of personalized …
When will these muppets understand that for many our spending is not influenced by ads... its dictated by the availability of money
I really detest seeing ads that have been generated by my browsing - especially as i often look up stuff for others and the traffic they incorporate into my "personal ad feed" is actually of no personal relevance to me.
Hunch = Guess
Well it can't be worse than ebays current ad selection system - it seems to be determined to push the last half dozen things I bought.
Hint; I've already bought them. I'm only going to buy another if its a beer.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads