Market watcher Canalys has bullishly forecast that Apple will begin to ship more personal computers than current market leader HP at some point during H1 2012. The caveat: you have to include iPad shipments in the total. Apple could out-ship HP during Q4, Canalys reckons, but it admitted the fruit-flavoured firm may have to …
Tablets are not full computers yet, and should not be counted.
Why not? the average tablet has much more poke than the original IBM PC. it has a processor, ram, storage, I/O ... just because an iOS/android device has much more limited/limiting software available than a desktop machine, does not deminish the description... only the users...
If they're going to include Apple's toys what about the rest...
Just about every electronic device made these days has a computer in it, many will have little arm cores.
So while they are counting Apple media devices; why not count all the web enabled televisions, phones, games consoles, and NAS boxes.
Tablets are computers
And they should be counted.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE