Market watcher Canalys has bullishly forecast that Apple will begin to ship more personal computers than current market leader HP at some point during H1 2012. The caveat: you have to include iPad shipments in the total. Apple could out-ship HP during Q4, Canalys reckons, but it admitted the fruit-flavoured firm may have to …
Tablets are not full computers yet, and should not be counted.
Why not? the average tablet has much more poke than the original IBM PC. it has a processor, ram, storage, I/O ... just because an iOS/android device has much more limited/limiting software available than a desktop machine, does not deminish the description... only the users...
If they're going to include Apple's toys what about the rest...
Just about every electronic device made these days has a computer in it, many will have little arm cores.
So while they are counting Apple media devices; why not count all the web enabled televisions, phones, games consoles, and NAS boxes.
Tablets are computers
And they should be counted.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers