At SC11 I had the opportunity to talk to some of the people responsible for the biggest computer upgrade known to man. Oak Ridge National Labs is upgrading its current Cray XT5 ‘Jaguar’ system to a Cray XT6 system that will be known as ‘Titan’. It’s quite a facelift. Today, Jaguar is a 1.75 PFlop supercomputer with more than 18, …
Dare I ask?
Will it run Crysis?
Mine's the one with the MPI manual in the pocket
So what happens to all of the "224,162 cores of AMD 6-core Istanbul processors" after this? Hopefully they get recycled or reused?
what another new parallel language.
OCCAM did that a good few decades back, with the transputer
I might be tempted to try this OpenAAC myself.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers