At SC11 I had the opportunity to talk to some of the people responsible for the biggest computer upgrade known to man. Oak Ridge National Labs is upgrading its current Cray XT5 ‘Jaguar’ system to a Cray XT6 system that will be known as ‘Titan’. It’s quite a facelift. Today, Jaguar is a 1.75 PFlop supercomputer with more than 18, …
Dare I ask?
Will it run Crysis?
Mine's the one with the MPI manual in the pocket
So what happens to all of the "224,162 cores of AMD 6-core Istanbul processors" after this? Hopefully they get recycled or reused?
what another new parallel language.
OCCAM did that a good few decades back, with the transputer
I might be tempted to try this OpenAAC myself.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook