At SC11 I had the opportunity to talk to some of the people responsible for the biggest computer upgrade known to man. Oak Ridge National Labs is upgrading its current Cray XT5 ‘Jaguar’ system to a Cray XT6 system that will be known as ‘Titan’. It’s quite a facelift. Today, Jaguar is a 1.75 PFlop supercomputer with more than 18, …
Dare I ask?
Will it run Crysis?
Mine's the one with the MPI manual in the pocket
So what happens to all of the "224,162 cores of AMD 6-core Istanbul processors" after this? Hopefully they get recycled or reused?
what another new parallel language.
OCCAM did that a good few decades back, with the transputer
I might be tempted to try this OpenAAC myself.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base