HP has found a seat on the board for activist stakeholder Ralph Whitworth, co-founder at Relational Investors which should buy his silence - in public at least - for a couple of years while CEO Meg Whitman steadies the ship. Relational bought 17.3 million HP shares or 0.9 per cent of the total stock in August following Apotheker …
Pirates' ransom .... it sure beats working for a lucrative living
Don't you just love those systemic exploitable zeroday vulnerabilities, Ralph, which you only have to sit on for a bundle and hope no one else has also discovered.
Sun de ja vue
Reminds me of when KKR bought Sun and forced sparc mfg to china and system mfg to mexico. The quality has never and will never be the same again...and it wasn't very good before
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'