Looks like the human race has some breathing space in our intelligence arms race with computers. Though supercomputer Watson beats the best human brains at quiz games, it can't use the iPhone app Siri. Take that, Watson. You'll never know where to find the best Thai restaurants in town. The question came up last night at an …
"It's not just the different ways they take input that makes the two incompatible."
Is it not rather the very fact that both take (even require) input, that makes them incompatible?
Both are designed to be given some data, and then do something with it.
For a system to be compatible with Siri or Watson, it would have to be capable of coming up with a question that it wanted an answer to, without any prompting, and to be able to do something with the response, other than interpret it as a question.
Sounds foreign to me, why would Watson want to use it?
No marriage imminent?
I guess they'll just have to date for a while.
Alan Turing's Centenary is next year.
THERE ISN'T ANOTHER SYSTEM
(At least, not yet...)
What is "I slept with your mother last night, Trebek"?
Does not compute...
As compatible as Android and iPhone owners...
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them