The Victorian government is claiming a payoff for its $AU85m ICT strategy, with US-listed, Chinese-headquartered VanceInfo announcing plans to add 100 new jobs in its Melbourne office. The company, with a workforce 12,000-strong in China, cited Victoria’s talent pool, infrastructure, and government support as driving its …
China outsourcing to Australia?
I guess that proves it - we are the new Third World.
That does sound nice, indeed ;
but one can't help wonder if the number of jobs created in Melbourne is anywhere near in parity with the number of jobs that Mr Obama seems so desperately to be seeking to create in Darwin....
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones