The Victorian government is claiming a payoff for its $AU85m ICT strategy, with US-listed, Chinese-headquartered VanceInfo announcing plans to add 100 new jobs in its Melbourne office. The company, with a workforce 12,000-strong in China, cited Victoria’s talent pool, infrastructure, and government support as driving its …
China outsourcing to Australia?
I guess that proves it - we are the new Third World.
That does sound nice, indeed ;
but one can't help wonder if the number of jobs created in Melbourne is anywhere near in parity with the number of jobs that Mr Obama seems so desperately to be seeking to create in Darwin....
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!