The Victorian government is claiming a payoff for its $AU85m ICT strategy, with US-listed, Chinese-headquartered VanceInfo announcing plans to add 100 new jobs in its Melbourne office. The company, with a workforce 12,000-strong in China, cited Victoria’s talent pool, infrastructure, and government support as driving its …
China outsourcing to Australia?
I guess that proves it - we are the new Third World.
That does sound nice, indeed ;
but one can't help wonder if the number of jobs created in Melbourne is anywhere near in parity with the number of jobs that Mr Obama seems so desperately to be seeking to create in Darwin....
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers