Romanian authorities have arrested a 26-year-old suspected of breaking into NASA's systems, causing damages estimated at $500,000 in the process. Robert Butyka, 26, was arrested on Tuesday in Cluj by officers from the Romanian Directorate for Investigating Organised Crime and Terrorism (DIICOT), who were investigating a string …
'causing damages estimated at $500,000 in the process' - how exactly did he do this and who estimated $500,000 or this that the amount paid into someone's account so that the ridiculously named Iceman can be extradited?
Well, it'll be the amount of money they didn't spend on securing the system when it was set up, plus the amount of money they had to spend cleaning up the resultant mess, plus legal fees, plus punitive damages. Simple.
You mean ....
> Romanian authorities have arrested a 26-year-old suspected of breaking into NASA's systems, causing damages estimated at $500,000 in the process.
You mean he logged in using the default password that applied to the generic Windows image ..
If you're dumb enough
...to hack then you're dumb enough to go to prison for a long time - as it should be.
Was he really arrested in a place pronounced cludge??
... which country is he going to be tried in...?!
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland