back to article Orange revisits San Francisco with another budget blower

Orange has gone all Golden Gate Bridge again, announcing the successor to its own-brand Android blower, the San Francisco. The Orange San Francisco II, which features a 3.5in capacitive touchscreen display, runs on a faster, 800MHz processor with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Memory is also up, to 512MB, which can be expanded to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. melt

Still not bad for what it is

...has it got a resistive or capacitive screen?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

..has it got a resistive or capacitive screen?

RFTA!

2. mark l 2 Silver badge

Will be worth getting once you can root it and get an alternative ROM on there without the Orange bloatware. Im still using my original San Fran and a quite happy with it, especially as i only paid £85 with a discount for being a loyal customer to orange. And then i moved to 3 a month after once my credit has run out.

Does anyone know who manufactures them, ZTE again?

3. Weird_George

"Memory is also up, to 512MB, which can be expanded to 16GB using Micro SD cards."

Eh? When you say Memory do you actually mean Memory as in RAM, or do you mean storage?

4. Bassey

CPU

Anyone know what generation ARM CPU has? I believe the last one had an ARM6 processor which put a limit on some of the apps you could run. Mine still flies along with the latest CyanogenMOD though.

As for the memory, mine has 512MB of RAM so I'm not sure that counts as an upgrade.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re CPU

good question, does it run iPlayer is what I'd like to know.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

512MB

Once again another phone with too low amound of built in phone storage for it to be of any decent use. Most apps still require being installed onto the phone memory and even those that can be move to SD still keep a portion of thier footprint still installed onto the phone. Once Orange have added on their bloat apps and game demos (which cannot be uninstalled without rooting and installing a new ROM) you won't have much space left to play with.

I expected more from the SF2.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like