Construction has commenced on a new 7,200 km fibre optic cable linking Japan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Singapore. The $US300 million, Asia Submarine-cable Express (ASE) is expected to be built by Q3 2012 giving the project’s lead carrier Philippine Long Distance and Telephone Co (PLDT) access to double its international …
That's all very well, but ...
... the bottlenecks we experience in the Philippines are actually within the infrastructure external to here e.g. the US, Singapore, etc. So this won't actually help with, for instance, PH -> UK connection speeds.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone