Construction has commenced on a new 7,200 km fibre optic cable linking Japan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Singapore. The $US300 million, Asia Submarine-cable Express (ASE) is expected to be built by Q3 2012 giving the project’s lead carrier Philippine Long Distance and Telephone Co (PLDT) access to double its international …
That's all very well, but ...
... the bottlenecks we experience in the Philippines are actually within the infrastructure external to here e.g. the US, Singapore, etc. So this won't actually help with, for instance, PH -> UK connection speeds.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices