Construction has commenced on a new 7,200 km fibre optic cable linking Japan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Singapore. The $US300 million, Asia Submarine-cable Express (ASE) is expected to be built by Q3 2012 giving the project’s lead carrier Philippine Long Distance and Telephone Co (PLDT) access to double its international …
That's all very well, but ...
... the bottlenecks we experience in the Philippines are actually within the infrastructure external to here e.g. the US, Singapore, etc. So this won't actually help with, for instance, PH -> UK connection speeds.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan