Australia’s CTO office, the Australian Government Information Management Agency, is seeking comment on three documents outlining its attitude to cloud computing. Its three guides, available here, cover the legal, financial and privacy aspects of government use of the cloud. Agencies – and cloud providers – will find themselves …
Am I alone in wondering why, given the economy of scale, Governments don't run their own cloud infrastructure for their many respective departments thus ensuring that privacy concerns and security are (at least in theory) met? No, let's use the private sector then have multiple agreements at different prices for the same thing with no confidence over the security or where the data resides.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it