Australia’s CTO office, the Australian Government Information Management Agency, is seeking comment on three documents outlining its attitude to cloud computing. Its three guides, available here, cover the legal, financial and privacy aspects of government use of the cloud. Agencies – and cloud providers – will find themselves …
Am I alone in wondering why, given the economy of scale, Governments don't run their own cloud infrastructure for their many respective departments thus ensuring that privacy concerns and security are (at least in theory) met? No, let's use the private sector then have multiple agreements at different prices for the same thing with no confidence over the security or where the data resides.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL