If all things had gone well and as expected with the IBM "Blue Waters" contract with the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois, the Power 775 supercomputer nodes and their homegrown networking infrastructure would have been the big event at the SC11 supercomputer conference in Seattle this …
Why does ECMWF have a four rack system making 185 TF but Environment Canada has a 3 rack system making the same 185TF? Do the Canadians know something the Brits don't?
The ECMWF system is not yet complete, the final system should rank higher
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'