If all things had gone well and as expected with the IBM "Blue Waters" contract with the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois, the Power 775 supercomputer nodes and their homegrown networking infrastructure would have been the big event at the SC11 supercomputer conference in Seattle this …
Why does ECMWF have a four rack system making 185 TF but Environment Canada has a 3 rack system making the same 185TF? Do the Canadians know something the Brits don't?
The ECMWF system is not yet complete, the final system should rank higher
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?