If all things had gone well and as expected with the IBM "Blue Waters" contract with the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois, the Power 775 supercomputer nodes and their homegrown networking infrastructure would have been the big event at the SC11 supercomputer conference in Seattle this …
Why does ECMWF have a four rack system making 185 TF but Environment Canada has a 3 rack system making the same 185TF? Do the Canadians know something the Brits don't?
The ECMWF system is not yet complete, the final system should rank higher
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE