Sony is planning to boost its image sensor production capacity by 50 per cent in the next two to three years, starting in the new year, the company said. The Japanese firm had already been aiming to boost capacity of the chips used in digital cameras and smartphones to 50,000 a month by the end of March 2012, with an investment …
Still problems downstream
Sony's main camera plant is currently underwater in Thailand and will be out of service for a few months yet. If you were planning on buying an Alpha, it might be worth heading to the shops now.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM