Sony is planning to boost its image sensor production capacity by 50 per cent in the next two to three years, starting in the new year, the company said. The Japanese firm had already been aiming to boost capacity of the chips used in digital cameras and smartphones to 50,000 a month by the end of March 2012, with an investment …
Still problems downstream
Sony's main camera plant is currently underwater in Thailand and will be out of service for a few months yet. If you were planning on buying an Alpha, it might be worth heading to the shops now.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL